- The time of the year we are in is also known as the season Advent… Advent refers to the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event… and specifically in Christian theology, the first and second coming of Christ. So as we prepare for Christmas let us all stay focused on the actual reason for the season.
- Let us not get overwhelmed with festive festivities and lose focus on the second coming of Christ.
Philippians 3:12-16 NLT
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.
We need to have Divine Focus.
[DIVINE: of, from, or like God]
- There’s a diﬀerence between what we focus on in the natural and what we need to focus on in the supernatural, where Faith is a requirement to see clearly and stay FOCUSED.
We need divine focus in our…
- Faith for what God wants for our lives
- It takes great faith to experience more of God’s greatness in our lives
Hebrews 11:6 NKJV
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
- Fighting is tiring…. When it’s not the right fight
- But it can be motivating, even rejuvenating when it is the right fight.
1 Timothy 6:12 NKJV
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- God has called us to fight for His honor and His glory, to fight for those who cannot yet fight for themselves… fight for souls to enter the kingdom of God
1 Corinthians 15:55-58
“Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
- Unfocused finances leads to an unfocused future
- Investments into the kingdom of God will last for eternity
- Even while we’re here on earth, we are investing into a legacy of soul winning! A legacy of transformation from death to life, a legacy of destiny and purpose, a legacy of hope…
Matthew 6:21 NKJV
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- Focused giving to build the kingdom of God gives so many others who are lost and bound a chance
to FOCUS their life on God and turn it around for the good…
Now it can be easy to get focused after a day, after a message, after a life altering event…. But the challenge for us all is to remain FOCUSED.
We have to live a life of STABILITY.
- Being STABLE allows us to become consistent… “Things can only be built on consistency.”
How can we stay living a life of focus?… How can we become STABLE enough to stay FOCUSED no matter what happens around us?
Example: Hawks, falcons, many birds that have a unique, superior ability to hunt from high in the sky are able to stay focused because their head stays STABLE. Their vision stays clear… allowing them to stay FOCUSED on the prize…
- We have to have a clear vision of the prize and be STABLE in our mind in order to stay focused!
- We need a Stable relationship with God, which will lead to stable relationships with others (family, friends, coworkers, etc)
Dangers/signs of becoming unstable:
- Mood changes toward God, church, leaders, God’s people… uncontrollable feelings/emotions
- Everything seems pointless…
- Dependance on ones self without God…
- Hostility toward things and/or people that want to help us change…
- Lack of commitment… toward God, the ministry, the call of God on our life
- Lack of passion to do what God has called us to, to use the gifts and talents God has given us…
- Dishonesty… with God, with ourselves, with others… (lying)
- Mistrust… we don’t trust God, don’t put our faith in Him completely…
- Lack of communication… we don’t want to pray, connect with God, we never know if it’s God or our own good thoughts leading our life… this results in a lack of intimacy with God
We can achieve STABILITY through a growing relationship with Jesus.
The Bible reminds us that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
Signs of stability:
- Controlling of negative feelings… don’t lash out
- Able to enjoy the present regardless of circumstances/challenges because of our faith and trust in God for the future
- Peace of mind…
- Prioritizing time with God and His people…
- Willing to admit wrongs and work out challenges with respect and dignity
- Passionate about the call of God on our life…
- Full of vision and purpose… not only for ourselves but also for others…
- Valuing the right things…
TRUE STABILITY IS ONLY FOUND IN JESUS.
Psalm 16:5 NET
LORD, you give me stability and prosperity; you make my future secure.
Matthew 7:24-25 NKJV
“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:“and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
We need to strengthen our relationship with God and His people, His settings so we can strengthen the stability of our lives and remain FOCUSED.